I'm the Founder & Formulator of Zerra & Co. When I decided to try and live a low waste lifestyle, I struggled to find zero waste cosmetics that could easily replace the versions I knew and loved. After researching DIY versions, I quickly discovered how dangerous they could be. Determined to make a difference, I decided to create a company that made safe, natural, and easy to use zero waste cosmetics. Thus, Zerra & Co. was born.
What makes Zerra & Co. Different?
We're a small woman run cosmetics company based out of Baltimore, MD. Our plastic free mission is something we take seriously, so you won't see any single use plastic in our packaging. We also don't use petroleum based ingredients in our cosmetics. This means no parabens, no silicones, no synthetic fragrances, no coal-tar pigments, and so much more.
We believe the little things add up. So we do a lot of little things to make a big difference. We...
- Ship carbon neutral
- Are cruelty free and only purchase ingredients from cruelty free suppliers
- Never use single use plastics and limit plastic in product packaging as much as possible
- Ship orders in 100% compostable & recyclable shipping materials (Yes, even the tape is compostable!)
- Use only RSPO certified palm oil products
- Working towards being 100% Mica free by 2022
- Limit single use plastics in our lab and prefer ingredient suppliers who ship and package ingredients with less plastic
As a company, we're dedicated to making a difference in the beauty industry. We constantly strive to improve our products and our footprint, all while trying to offer more and more exciting products. Thanks for stopping by, and we can't wait to join you on your zero waste journey.